Microblading Aftercare Instructions
Microblading from PLEIJ Salon + Spa makes the creation of perfect eyebrows possible, but following Microblading aftercare is essential to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows, and ensuring that you get the naturally beautiful brows you want.
***FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN SCARRING, INFECTIONS, PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.***
AFTER YOUR MICROBLADING PROCEDURE
To help minimize scabbing, use a clean cotton-ball to lightly dab the microbladed area with distilled water a few times per hour for the remainder of the day, and apply aftercare ointment with a cotton swab every four hours.
Please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water on the treated area. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead or take a bath.
Also, for the next two weeks avoid saunas, pools, hot tubs, steam rooms and sweating. It is recommended you take 10 days off from working out for optimal results.
On the second day, repeat that three times. For the next five days, do this morning and night.
• At the start and end of each day, use your clean fingertips and a mild antibacterial soap, like Cetaphil, to gently cleanse your eyebrows for 10-15 seconds.
• Avoid using any cleansing products that contain exfoliants or acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA).
• Keep in mind the cleansing shouldn’t be a thorough scrub-down, it just needs to be done by rubbing the microbladed area in a soft, smooth manner.
• When rinsing, be sure to rinse every trace of soap from the microbladed area.
• Dry the entire eyebrow area completely by blotting it with a clean tissue.
• Use a clean finger to apply a small amount of the microblading aftercare ointment to the microbladed area. Do not apply the ointment unless the area is dry.
• Less is more when considering how much ointment to apply; the amount applied to each eyebrow should be comparable in size to half of a grain of rice.
• Microblading aftercare ointment should only be applied twice per day following the washes to avoid suffocating the skin and interfering with the skin’s natural healing process.
A couple of days after your service, your brow area may become red and scabby, itching and flaking will also appear during the first 7 days. Not to worry, this is completely normal. It’s important that you allow the healing process to occur and that you do not pick or scratch at your brows during this time.
The aftercare ointment no longer needs to be applied, but continue to gently wash the microbladed area each morning and night.
***It’s critical to avoid the following for 14 days after your microblading procedure.***
• Avoid touching the microbladed area except when washing or applying aftercare ointment with a cotton swab.
• Avoid increased sweating as well as long, hot baths or showers – jacuzzis – saunas – swimming
• Avoid the sun for the next two weeks. Excessive UV exposure will alter the pigment of your tattoo. This includes tanning beds.
• DO NOT use light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
• DO NOT use Vaseline or Neosporin on your tattoo.
• DO NOT apply any makeup, moisturizer, lotion or sunscreen to your brows.
• DO NOT use exfoliants, retinol acids, or AHAs on the area and avoid other forms of exfoliation including laser and chemical peels (for 30 days) after the appointment. It will fade your tattoo prematurely.
• DO NOT get massages, facials, microneedling or skin treatments during the healing process.
• Avoid drinking alcohol in excess, as it can delay the healing process.
• Transportation in open-air-vehicles where strong wind is likely, for example; driving in cars with windows down, convertibles, motorcycles, bicycles, and boats.
• Wait two weeks before doing any waxing or tinting.
• Treat the brows like a wound and keep them dry and clean! Do not scratch or pick and if you must touch your brows make sure your hands are clean.
We recommend you try not to schedule any big events (e.g., job interviews, engagement photos, etc.) for the first week or two after your microblading service appointment.
AFTER DAY 14
Resume your normal activities except, continue to avoid laser or chemical peels and forms of exfoliation, and any creams containing retinal or glycolic acid until after the completion of your microblading touch up appointment, and its healing process as well.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact PLEIJ Salon + Spa immediately, to discuss further instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: Microblading results in a very natural and fuller-looking brow. While your brows will initially appear darker, they will fade significantly over a two-week period. It is absolutely crucial to have a microblading touch-up / color boost service completed. It is also difficult to predict how well your skin will retain the pigment. Due to this and other varying factors, we cannot guarantee your microblading results. Microblading has become a very popular, in-demand service, as a result many less than experienced individuals have begun offering this service and promoting themselves as microblading specialist. This is a semi-permanent procedure and as such we STRONGLY encourage you to do your due diligence before selecting a microblading professional to perform your microblading service.
Share The Beauty… Earn Rewards!
At PLEIJ Salon+Spa, we offer a simple and easy referral program to our existing clients (and even non-clients). When you refer a friend who is new to PLEIJ, we’ll give them a 20% OFF GIFT to use towards any service. To say thanks, we’ll give you a 10% OFF GIFT to use toward services or products!
Be sure to learn everything about this awesome program and even send out referrals.