Hair Protégé – Entry Level Hairstylist
LOVE YOUR EVERYDAY
Attractive, high-fashion salon group seeks passionate and authentic team members for a fulfilling, long-term relationship.
- Positive, creative, & energetic
- In love with your craft
- Hungry for learning & skill-building
- Interested in a career, not just a job
- A team player
A career in hair represents an incredible opportunity to possess real practical skills with fabulous earning potential and a platform to express your creativity. A PLEIJ apprenticeship is recognized as the ultimate in industry training and offers the most comprehensive foundation available to aspiring hair professionals.
During a PLEIJ apprenticeship, you are carefully guided through the PLEIJ cutting or coloring techniques. Creative Directors will teach you to build your skills to the standard expected of a PLEIJ hair professional while preparing you for the assessment that will demonstrate your readiness for a role on our team.
Once qualified, your career with us could lead to you joining our renowned Creative team, working on shows and events or adopting a management role, directing future PLEIJ Salons in the choicest cities in the world. You could also become a member of our full-time education team, helping direct the careers of others, or enjoy being a member of our creative cutting or coloring team in a fabulous PLEIJ Salon in an exciting city location. We stand for possibilities and dreams, and give our professionals the chance to fulfill theirs.
If you have the determination to succeed, excellent communication skills and endless enthusiasm, start your career with the best in the industry and join our Team.
Our entry-level stylists (protégé) begin with a one-year training program which takes their knowledge and skills to the next level. Protégé attend classes led by our Hair Training Team to learn The PLEIJ Way of offering and delivering extraordinary services. The program is divided into three phases, each lasting four months. Outside of attending core classes, the associate assists our top performing hair stylists. This is where they receive hands-on education in technique, formulation, creative artistry, and communication. The associate will also have an opportunity to work on live models weekly. After the associate has demonstrated competence in their selected techniques, they may begin rendering these services to our guests. After the associate completes the training program and has an opportunity to work with several of our talented top professionals, they are then ready to begin their career!!
Our Hair Training Team Members serve as mentors and educators to aspiring hair professionals and teach internally for PLEIJ as well as externally representing our brand.
During the 6-12 month Associate Training Program, Associates will shadow for no less than two of our Senior Hair Professionals, and serve as a general to learn varying approaches and techniques while building their confidence and developing their skills.
- Our protégé and established hire programs are our foundation.
- To be considered, Hair Professional applicants must have successfully completed cosmetology school and received a professional license from the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology.
- PLEIJ Protégé receive a combination of weekly hands-on and classroom training from our Creative Team and Senior Stylists.
- The Protégé to Stylist Training Program also includes training classes provided by regional and internal artists from our outstanding vendors.
- Once the 6-12 month training program is completed, a Protégé becomes a Hair Professional at the Stylist level. Our professionals are provided opportunities for advancement with our four levels of Hair Professionals.
Our passion for hair is strong, and we’ve turned styling into an exciting, rewarding career—and so can you.
Reasons to become a PLEIJ Hair Professional:
- Unsurpassed luxury salon offering state of the art equipment
- High-end clientele + client acquisition and retention programs
- Competitive compensation package
- Retail commissions and additional revenue opportunities
- Artistic training paid for (ongoing & consistent education opportunities)
- Work with and learn from the top talent in the industry
- Great discounts on products and services
- Health Insurance available (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible scheduling
- Stellar reputation & name recognition
- Community outreach
- Diverse career paths
- Passion for fashion, health, and beauty.
- Candidate must possess extraordinary customer service skills, passion for the consumer, ensuring a best in class user experience.
- Professional / artist appearance is a must.
- Position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized person.
- Must have the ability to listen, be patient, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to partner with salon team members – PLEIJ has a strong team environment and we are constantly helping each other.
- Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
- Achieve and exceed goals: personal sales, Average Dollar per Transactions (ADT), Units per Transactions (UPT), Daily Totals
- Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
- Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
Our professionals ensure a superior client experience by determining the client’s needs and providing services including the latest cuts, the best finishing, and the industry’s top non-toxic chemical services and product knowledge.
- A valid license from the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology
8930 Lyra Dr. Columbus, Ohio 43240 United States